Finale


        The first project honestly got me very excited for this class as 3D object design, in general, is such a fun experience. As the only previous experience, I had close to 3D object design was in Minecraft. I was ecstatic to finally try something using this type of method (being literally anything other than Minecraft I guess). Though tinkercad was a simple program I really wanted to test its capabilities, but more so I wanted to make these buildings and the environment just for the fun of it

    The first object that was tasked to be made was a building and so I went to a flying castle. There's a bunch I should've done when I look back like separating them into pieces rather than building it in the sky of the area. The only problem I really faced with this project was the first initial design of the gate. It was based on this building called Ishtar's Gate which I would go more in-depth to but for now, I'll just say it's an old gate named after a goddess. But on a final note for this summary, I'm satisfied with the outcome but wish I did a bit more. 



This second project was not that bad as well. I was going through a 100-year war + French Revolution phase so yeah. This mostly had a composition in mind to call back to that romanticist piece Lady Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix.


The original design had a bulkier/blocky hulk armour suit which was kinda ugly to look at with the high-quality head and stuff. The common people in the back I feel like were fine to have less definitive features so that the focus goes more to the main figure. 



Reading Week Extra Credit:






    3rd project being a working paper catapult from my childhood based on Leonardo Da Vinci's design. What made this a bit harder to make was that I thought I could do layering technique the amount of cardstock and repetitive cutting did not look appealing in mind. So I basically made it hollow with an internal structural support system + braces. If you wanted a summary of what that is you shouldn't come to the final post. 

The photos below are a development of the overall pieces of the catapult. It goes from just a few to a crap ton within the few weeks I worked on this project. 
 

Some structural notes:



Here's a video of my dog and me playing with the catapult. At first, she was a bit confused and a little scared of what was happening but in the end, she ended up enjoying it. 



This last project though short, was a bit of a pain in the but. There were a bunch of technical difficulties that were simple but repetitive. The object on the right was the original concept but afterwards, due to the limitation of the 3d printer, we morphed it to the skinnier version on its left. 

behold, the problems...







Here are some of the drawn designs...
And 3d designs...








On a final note, this class was pretty fun and challenging during some portions more than others. I think I have a good basic knowledge of Rhino now of how to manipulate things and such. I think during this summer I'm going to try to work on an environment in rhino to help with perspective as that sounds like a cool idea to do. Anyways, thanks for reading (if you read up to this point). 



Comments

Popular Posts